Birch Mountain is Alaska's first Ketamine infusion clinic for mental health. We have assisted many clients achieve their goals with Ketamine therapy, and now we are ready to help you do the same in your clinic. Contact us now for more information on providing ketamine infusion services in your clinic or office.
Making the decision to undertake this course of treatment is difficult and the treatment process itself can be a challenge. These treatments require a high level of commitment, courage, and perseverance. Treatment should not be taken lightly, nor should any provider or client treat it as anything less than an intensive measure that requires full focus, attentiveness, and hands-on care.
If you choose Birch Mountain for your ketamine infusion therapy our commitments to you are:
· a warm, comfortable, welcoming environment;
· a supportive staff dedicated to getting to know you and your loved ones, providing knowledge and
assistance as best we can, and offering holistic care and service with respect and compassion;
· You will have a consultation with the Nurse Anesthesiologist in charge and who will most likely be administering your infusion regarding questions and concerns before and during and after the treatment course;
· honest discussions about what is currently known in the field, available alternatives, and why practice decisions are made ;
· a private treatment room in which your infusion will be overseen personally by a Nurse Anesthesiologist;
· care that is individualized / tailored to your needs and situation ,
· safety monitoring during every infusion and in the recovery period, including vigilant tracking of your heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, symptoms, and emotional state, and prevention or intervention if needed for side effects such as nausea;
· a dedicated clinician - a Nurse Anesthesiologist - in the treatment room with you or immediately available throughout the appointment;
· tracking of treatment effectiveness with measures which can contribute to treatment decisions; and
· adherence to the highest ethical standards.
Our goal is for patients and their families to feel cared for - not alone and lost. We will do everything in our power to ensure your safety, comfort, and well-being.
Most are pleased to find out how painless the process is and how they can be enjoying the benefits of the infusion within hours to days after a few infusions. At Birch Mountain we do everything we can to ensure your experience is as comfortable as possible.
The procedure begins with you relaxing in our comfortable infusion chair in a private room where we will connect you to our vital signs (Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, Oxygen) monitors. We have soft and comfortable pillows and blankets for your comfort. We will find a suitable vein on your arm or hand and insert a very small IV catheter into a vein. All that is left in your vein is a small flexible tube. We then connect you to the infusion tubing that is connected to our state of the art infusion pump that can program very precise doses tailored to you.
During the entire infusion you will be monitored for comfort and effect to see how you are responding to the treatment. The Nurse Anesthesiololgist will be in the room with you or immediately available for your entire treatment. Nausea is a common side effect, particularly for those who are prone to motion sickness. This can usually be managed by treating you with anti-nausea medication prior to your infusion. You’ll feel relatively normal 20-30 minutes after your infusion and even more so in 2-3 hours.
After your infusion, you will not be able to drive for the remainder of the day, return to work, operate heavy machinery or sign legal documents, so prepare accordingly.
General Patient Articles
Copyright © 2023 Birch Mountain Anethesia - All Rights Reserved.